The most common reasons for resetting the Slingbox 350 or 500 are:
- The Slingbox has become unresponsive, or failed to complete an update.
- You have some other operational error that can't be solved.
For previous Slingbox generations, like the Slingbox PRO-HD or SOLO, you may wish to reset if:
- You forgot your Slingbox password. Resetting it is one way for you to start fresh and set new passwords.
- You replaced the router that was originally connected your Slingbox. In this case, the Slingbox was set up to work with your original router and now needs a new IP address from your new router.
- You purchased a previously owned Slingbox that still has its old settings in place.
How do I reset my Slingbox?
To reset your Slingbox, you must be on your home network and be able to physically access the Slingbox.
- With your Slingbox powered on:
- For Slingbox 500 & 350 users: Press and hold the reset button down until the Network light on the front panel flashes twice quickly. Be patient - it can take up to 60 seconds for that quick 'double flash'.
- For all other Slingbox models: Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Slingbox for 5 to 10 seconds.
- The lights on the front of the Slingbox will cycle through a few different patterns as it restores itself.
- Most Slingbox models are reset after 30 seconds, but the Slingbox 500 can take 10 minutes or more to finish this process.
- Once reset, the Power light stays solid.
- If your Slingbox is connected to your router, the Network light will also remain solidly lit when it receives an IP address.
Check out the related video for details.
Where is the Reset button?
On all of our Slingbox models, the reset button is on the rear panel of the unit, next to where the power supply plugs in. Check out the related video for more information!