Streaming high-definition (HD) video requires a lot more network capacity and computing power than streaming standard definition (SD) video does. The minimum system requirements for the Slingbox PRO-HD vary considerably for streaming HD versus SD content.
- HD Streaming: Network connectivity of 1.5 Mbps or higher
- SD Streaming: Network connectivity of 384 Kbps or higher
- Mobile Streaming: 150 Kbps or higher
Note: These bit rates represent the minimum upload speed at the Slingbox and download speed at the client.
- HD Streaming: Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo class processor or equivalent with 2 GB of RAM. Video acceleration support desirable on graphics card.
- SD Streaming: Pentium 4 class or equivalent with 1 GB of RAM.
- Operating System: Latest versions of Windows. See the article linked below for more details.
- Browser Support: Latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. See the related article below.
Mac OS X:
- HD Streaming: Intel 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo class processor or equivalent with 2 GB of RAM.
- SD Streaming: Intel-based Mac with 1 GB of RAM.
- Operating System: Latest versions of Mac OS X. See the article linked below for more information.
- Browser Support: Latest versions of Safari, Firefox or Chrome. See the related article below.
If these minimums don't provide the viewing experience that you want, your setup might require more computing power. Higher bit rates also yield better video quality.