The issue could be related to:
- Your mobile network
- Your Slingbox network
- Slingbox setup (perhaps a recent change or configuration setting)
If you recently replaced your home router, or if you received notification during the setup of your Slingbox that Internet Viewing was not completely configured, this article has the steps that will get you back up and running again.
Note: In order to fix this issue, you need to be on the same local network as your Slingbox.
Important: The Slingbox 350, Slingbox M1, and SlingTV/Slingbox 500 are not compatible with the SlingCatcher, and this article does not apply.
How do I fix it?
Fortunately, the solution is straightforward and you only have to do it once. You'll use setup.slingbox.com on your Mac OS computer or your Windows PC.
If you prefer using desktop versions of SlingPlayer, you can also use the Setup Assistant on either your Mac or PC to configure your router for Internet Viewing manually. To do this:
Watch on Slingbox.com
- Go to setup.slingbox.com.
- Connect to your Slingbox
- Click on Advanced Settings, then Internet Viewing.
- Internet Viewing test will run. If the test is successful, you are done! If not, you are presented with an option to manually configure your router.
- If necesssary, see the articles below for more information on manually setting up port forwarding on your router.
SLINGPLAYER 2.0 FOR WINDOWS (desktop)
- With SlingPlayer 2.0 for Windows connected to your Slingbox, launch the Setup Assistant by choosing Setup Assistant from the Settings menu.
Note: Your computer must be connected to the same network that your Slingbox is. For most folks, this means that you must be using your home network.
- Click Setup Internet Viewing from the panel on the left side of the screen.
- Find the sentence If you're an advanced user and would like to configure your Slingbox manually, then click the click here link.
- Use the drop-down menus to select your router's brand and model, then click Go.
- A new browser window opens. Watch the video and follow the instructions that appear.
SLINGPLAYER FOR MAC (desktop)
- Choose Slingbox Setup Assistant from the Help menu.
- Click Continue to go to the next section.
- Keep clicking Continue until you get to the Network Settings section.
- Follow the instructions to complete the Network Settings section.
- Click Finish to close the Setup Assistant.
After you set up your network's router manually, you should be able to connect with SlingPlayer on your mobile devices and/or your SlingCatcher.