Have you ever been able to stream audio successfully with this current Slingbox setup? If so:
- Verify that your current setup meets all system requirements. See the linked articles below.
- Double check all your cabling to and from your Slingbox and AV device(s) are connected.
- Try connecting to a different device. If you normally use a cable box, try a DVD player, and so forth.
- Verify if audio streams successfully using Watch on Slingbox.com.
If the audio still does not work:
- Verify if the issue is still present while viewing over the Internet (away from home) vs. viewing while on your local network.
- Try resetting the Slingbox using Watch on Slingbox.com to restore settings. See the links below for more help.
What if you've never been able to stream audio successfully with this current Slingbox setup?
- Follow the above troubleshooting steps first, then...
- If you are viewing your Slingbox via your computer using Watch on Slingbox.com:
- Are you getting audio from other applications, like iTunes, Windows Media Player or streaming video sites like YouTube or Hulu? If not, it's possible you have a larger issue.
- Some versions of Windows have application-specific volume levels. If another application has audio, check for application-specific audio options. In Watch on Slingbox.com verify that the sound is not muted by hovering the mouse over the sound "horn" in the lower left hand corner of the screen. If you see "Click to Unmute", then you know it is muted.
- Run Windows Update to make sure you have all the latest drivers installed.
- Make sure you have speakers (or headphones) connected and turned on.
- If possible, try connecting a TV to the passthrough connection on the Slingbox to see if there's audio. If not, there may be an issue with the source device.
- Go into the settings on your cable box and try to turn up or optimize the audio.
- Verify that your cable box is set to use analog audio, unless you have a Slingbox PRO-HD. The Slingbox PRO-HD also supports digital audio if you connect SPDIF cables.
If you are still having issues, check the related articles below for more help and information.